Monday, February 4, 2013

In Too Steep: The Arnold Palmer of Hot Tea

I am a revolutionary.

I have landed upon a hot beverage so novel that it will likely change the way the British enjoy tea time for centuries to come. I have created the Arnold Palmer of Hot Tea.

Recently whilst fighting off a cold, I eschewed my morning coffee in favor of tea. I needed my daily dose of caffeine, but in a form that would be kinder to my system. Enter hot tea.

(I like to think of this as vaguely suggestive - daring without being naughty. But I digress.)

When I go on my tea kicks, there is a question that frequently eats at me: English Breakfast or Earl Grey? Mellow or metallic? Hints of floral porcelain or traces of gunpowder? Then it hit me: why choose? Why not both?


I braced myself for yet another kitchen disaster, but was astounded by the perfect blend I had discovered.

The British will likely think this heresy, might even call me mad. Or perhaps this drink already exists and is called the Nigel Kipperwaite or something. Either way I am too scared to Google it.

I prefer to think of myself as the inventor of the Arnold Palmer of Hot Tea. I prefer to think of myself as a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment