Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Random Postcard Project

During a recent visit to my parents' home, I came across a treasure trove of vintage postcards. My grandmother, who saved everything, had kept hundreds of old postcards in shoeboxes. There were a few that had actually been sent, but most of them were blank - freebies from hotels that are no more, travel folds outs from tourist destinations, and lots of randomness in between.

I culled through them and saved the ones written (including one from me before I could write) and selected some choice blank ones. I daresay I narrowed it down from HUNDREDS to hundreds.

But I don't want these classic postcards to sit in shoeboxes for another 40 years. I want to share them.

So, I'm doing a random postcard project. I am posting them here for the world to see. I also plan to send them (randomly, of course) to family and friends... as well as friends of friends.

I call these: Bathing Beauty, Salty Dog and American Airlines.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment